Imposition Studio is the easiest Professional Imposition Software for Digital & Offset Printing Presses.
Devalipi Imposition Studio automatically creates output ready Impositioned PDF file from one or more PDF files.
Imposition Studio can make standard print layouts using the included layout templates
or users can create their own custom layouts with any number of ups and printing styles.
Imposition studio also supports both Image setters and
CTP machine specifications. You can easily creates Hot folder drop able PDF files for Books in minutes.
Changes & fixes - v6.1
• Fixed color profile error.
• Fixed deactivation not possible error.
• Fixed workflow item sorting error.
• Fixed page number related error on workflow.
• Fixed spot color error on swatch & slug line.
• Fixed completed files delete error on some workflows.
• Fixed some activation related errors.
• Fixed slug line issue in some output modes.
• Fixed link error shows after opening section sewing job.
• Fixed French version printer selection error.
• Fixed PDF link list shuffling error.
• Fixed PDF link half form auto disable.
• Fixed Barcode & OMR mark output error.
• Fixed template window restore last selection error.
• Fixed version update connection error.
• Added deactivation permission for all slots.
• Added spot color checking on each signature mode.
• Added selective marks in gray mode.
• Added show notes on open preference.
• Added section starting number option.
• Added slug line offset for company info slug line.
• Added file name on slug line option.
• Added used page numbers on slug line option.
• Added rename output files when locked option.
• Added auto correction for damaged preferences.
• Added show layout preview workflow preference.
• Added mute all sounds option on workflow preference.
• Added many user contributions of language updates to localization engine.
• Added user contributions sections in templates list.
• Added run minimized workflow preference.
• Added PDF link list multi selection move.
• Added offset apply mode for Barcode & OMR mark.
• Added opposite offset option for Barcode & OMR mark.
• Added extract PDF pages utility.
• Added delete PDF pages utility.
• Added common back side pages option in combine PDF utility.
• Added alternate page combine option in combine PDF utility.
• Changed document closing behavior.
• Changed view output PDF file opening behavior.
• Changed workflow preview behaviors.
• Improved workflow performance.
• Improved many workflow behaviors.
• Improved job information section.
• Improved localization engine.
• Improved layout preview speed.
• Online user guide updated and improved.
• And many small improvements and changes.
* Highly recommended update for all v6 users.
What is new in v6.0
• Localized for all major languages.
• Fully functional 7 day free trial now available for all.
• Up to 3X faster layout opening.
• Up to 2X faster PDF links importing.
• Up to 5X faster PDF links saving.
• Improved Layout file saving time.
• 64-Bit version for Windows.
• 64-Bit version for macOS.
• Output PDF preview mode added.
• Retina / Hi-DPI monitor support added.
• Hi-Resolution layout preview mode added.
• Cutter/Slitter information added.
• Barcode sheet wise printing options added.
• Barcode reference ID auto options added.
• High volume printing ︎support added.
• New workflow options added.
• Multiple sluglines on a signature added.
• More slugline control options added.
• More separation color name options added.
• Multiple color bar added.
• More lay mark styles added.
• More preflight criteria added.
• Soft proofing action button added.
• More action buttons added.
• More informations on info panel.
• Improved automatic workflow.
• Gang run front & back auto synchronization option added.
• Distorted output option added.
• Flexo distortion compensation calculator utility added.
• Note preview added to templates window.
• Transparency preview on colors & Separations.
• Custom color preview options for CTP plate & Paper / media.
• Improved interface for larger monitors.
• Added 'Solid Swatches Only' colorbar option.
• Transparency simulation on preview added.
• Added bounding box option in repair PDF utility.
• Convert to profile now works on PDF to image utilities.
• Improved PDF utilities.
• Transparency preview button added.
• Now Keeps same output file size as source on most layouts.
• Faster output PDF preview.
• Built-in help documents added for many sections.
• User contributory localizations added for many languages.
• And many small improvements.
• Fixed an issue with collating marks on section sewing books.
• Fixed paper center marks placement.
• Links modified error on macOS (High Sierra and later) fixed.
• Fixed an issue when the layout contain multiple clone copies.
• Manual front & back alignment error fixed.
• Color bar align error fixed.
• Files are now lists in correct order in lists & menu items.
• Workflow engine napping time bug fixed.
• Fixed output size error on custom crop size.
• Custom output file name on single sided layout now works.
• Fixed an output file name error on single sided plain cut sheet jobs.
• Fixed an error'Layout file corrupted' shows on some OS versions.
• Fixed Workflow link error with repaired PDF.
• Smaller layout file size option now working.
• Crop Box import error fixed.
• Import window preview now shows bounding boxes correctly.
• Keyboard navigation on signature list now works.
• Fixed insufficient page error on workflow.
• And many small bug fixes.
Offline PDF user guide is not available with this release.
Use online help documentation
How Imposition Studio Works?
Select a single or multi page PDF file containing all the pages of the book / magazine or brochure. Import the selected PDF file(s) as source PDF and set the number of pages required for a signature in Imposition Studio. Set the ups/repeats as per the printing machine specification. Setup the margin or output style as per the image setter or CTP specification. Click the 'Export to PDF' button to create final imposition-ed PDF by Imposition Studio. Then print the resulted PDF file to a digital printer or drop into hot folders of your image setter or CTP work-flow.
You only need to setup a master form with symbolic numbers. All other pages will create automatically depend on the number of source PDF pages you imported into the links list. All paginations will be calculated on the symbolic numbers entered manually or automatically on the master form.
Example for a 16 page book master form and printing forms.
A 16 page book, print using a master form contain 8 pages with work & turn (4 pages x 2 sides). If you have chosen automatic layout then all the symbolic page numbering will be done automatically. For a manual layout, you may need to set 8 symbolic page numbers on the master form regardless of the total number of pages in the book. Imagine the job contain only 8 pages and numbering as per a 8 page book. You may enter numbers like 8,1,4,5 in the front signature and 6,3,2,7 on the back side. If your book contain 64 pages and you selected saddle stitching as binding method then the page you entered 8 will show the 64th page of the linked PDF on the first form.
Read more from the User Guide