Frequently asked questions
1) How to Import the PDF links into Imposition Studio?
Select from tool panel or settings menu. Click the ‘Import PDF..’ button to Import Single or multiple PDF files into the layout.
2) Imposition Studio not allowing to enter all page numbers!
No need to enter all page numbers. The number you are trying enter is the symbolic page number. It is a symbolic representation of the page numbers of the layout. Actual page numbers will be created automatically by Imposition Studio. Change only the symbolic page numbers on the master form. The maximum symbolic page number allowed to enter is the total number of pages in a form.
For example, if you are creating a book containing 32 pages in a two up layout, the master page numbers of the front signature will be 4 and 1 and back side signature will be 2 and 3. All other pages will arrange automatically. Please check the and layouts to study more.
3) Can’t edit page numbers of all signatures!
Only master pages are editable, If the layout using front & back signatures then the first & second signatures are editable otherwise only the first signature is editable. All other pages will arrange automatically. Please check the and layouts to study more.
4) “The page number you entered is not in the available range.” An error message popup when editing page numbers.
Please check the answer for the question numbered 2
5) “Only master layout pages are editable” An error message popup when I double click to edit page numbers.
Please check the answer for the question numbered 3
6) How can I change the master page numbers?
You only need to change the page numbers for manually created layouts. Click the page preview of a page on the Signature viewer to edit that page’s master page numbers and other properties. You can also select the ‘Master Page Properties..’ from the settings menu or from the setup tools panel. You need to select the page in order to enable these menus.
7) How can I move or change size of individual pages?
Select the page you want move by clicking the page preview on the signature viewer. Use control key ( command key for Mac) and arrow key combinations to move on all directions. Use shift key to make the nudge value more. Edit the ‘ Nudge ’ value on the window to change the move distance for a single keystroke. You can also use the menu command to transform PDF links. Use the menu to retain its original values.
8) How to enter page numbers automatically for a manual Layout?
Select ’ from the menu or right clicking on the signature viewer window. Select the available matching layout and apply to set page numbers automatically.
9) How can I change the paper turning style without affecting the pagination?
Select ‘ ’ from command menu to change the page turning method without affecting the pagination.
10) How to edit individual Binding Gap / Folding Gap / Routing Margin values?.
On the window, click on the desired page gaps on layout preview to edit the ‘ Vertical Folding Gap ’ and ‘ Horizontal Folding Gap ’ between two adjacent pages. Select the ‘ Change All ’ check box to apply the new values to all corresponding folding gaps (Horizontal or Vertical) on the signature. Changes will apply to both sides if the layout contain two master signatures.
11) ‘Available PDF pages are not sufficient to make the layout!’ An error message popups when I try to save PDF link settings.
You have Imported or enabled fewer PDF files than required to make all print forms complete. You need to add PDF pages as multiples of the master page numbers. That is Including back side numbers for a two sided layout.
Example: You are making a layout for a 20 page book. It is a 4up layout with 2 sides and total 8 pages in a form. You could output 16 pages without any problem. The remaining 4 pages you need to output using a different layout with fewer number of pages.
Use any of the below options to remove the error.
• Use the 'Disable Extra Pages' check box to disable the pages for the extra signature. You may choose to put these pages in the beginning, middle or end of the book.
• Use any of the 'Combo Half Form' modes on the signature settings window. You may choose to put these pages in the beginning, middle, end of the book or as cover pages.
12) ‘Insufficient PDF Links available!’ An error message popups when I try to save PDF link settings.
Imported PDF Links are not sufficient to make a complete print form!. read the answer for previous question.
13) Crop box and trim box values are not taken into account when importing a PDF document into the layout.
Crop box and trim box information will be ignored by default. Imposition studio uses media box as the PDF page boundary regardless of how trim and crop boxes are defined in the page. All pages will places centered on the given page box by default.
Copyright © devalipi software 2008-2018