Concept & Features
You only need to setup a master form with symbolic numbers. All other pages will create automatically depend on the number of source PDF pages you imported into the links list. All paginations will be calculated on the symbolic numbers entered manually or automatically on the master form.
How Imposition Studio Works ?
Select a single or multi page PDF file containing all the pages of the book / magazine or brochure. Import the selected PDF file(s) as source PDF and set the number of pages required for a signature in Imposition Studio. Set the ups/repeats as per the printing machine specification. Setup the margin or output style as per the image setter or CTP specification. Click the Export to PDF button to create final imposition-ed PDF by Imposition Studio. Then print the resulted PDF file to a Digital Printer or drop into hot folders of your image setter or CTP work-flow.
An example 3 step process of making output PDF for a 16 page book.
A 16 page book, print using a master form contain 8 pages with work & turn (4 pages x 2 sides). If you have chosen automatic layout then all the symbolic page numbering will done automatically. For a manual layout, you may need to set 8 on the master form regardless of the total number of pages in the book. Imagine the job contain only 8 pages and numbering as per a 8 page book. You may enter numbers like 8,1,4,5 in the front signature and 6,3,2,7 on the back side. If your book contain 64 pages and you selected saddle stitching as binding method then the page you entered 8 will show the 64th page of the linked PDF on the first form.
with symbolic numbers. For this example, we need a master form with 2 sides. Because the job is going to print front & back on the machine. Master form layout creation is available in both & modes.
Imported Source PDF files. Use the to import the PDF files into the layout. In this example, we imported 16 pages into the layout.
Final layout & Output PDF files. option to export this layout as a print ready output PDF file. Then you can print the resulted PDF file to a digital printer or drop into hot folders of your image setter or CTP work-flow.
Are you ready to make your first layout like a guru even before reading this guide?
• Standalone application. No third party applications required.
• Ultra fast PDF engine
• Step & Repeat
• Cut & Stack
• Any number of pages in a signature
• Live layout preview
• Live final output PDF preview
• Hi-DPI / Retina monitor ready
• Localized for all major languages
• Preflight Check
• Fully customizable signature layout editor
• Allow multiple PDF files as source
• Re-usable templates
• Automated work-flow
• ‘QuickLayout’ function for instant PDF output
• Batch output
• Hot folder compatible PDF output
• Automatic Creep control with cross-over page support
• Customizable crop, folding, lay and collating marks
• Customizable color bars, company logo and Identity.
• Automatic & manual pagination
• Perfect binding, Saddle stitching
• Section Sewing
• Gang Run method
• Barcode & OMR marks for automated finishing & binding machines
• Cutter / Slitter information
• Manual override PDF pages within auto paginations
• Individual PDF page transform on size, position and scale.
• Mixed full & half form output for uneven numbered forms.
• Digital, Film & CTP output support
• Distortion compensation option
• Soft proofing with ICC profiles
• Arabic book layout support
• Backdrop PDF support
• Supports page cloning for mini / micro booklets
• Seamless support for Windows & Mac
• Supports more than 30 languages (beta) including Spanish, French, German, Italian etc.
• 64bit version available for Windows & macOS.
• Combine PDF utility
• PDF to Image converter
• Image to PDF converter
• Split PDF utility
• Rotate PDF utility
• Spread to Page utility
• Rep air PDF for compatibility
• Flexo distortion compensation calculator
Imposition Studio is available for both Windows & Mac. All options are available for both platforms regardless of the screen shots in this guide.
Copyright © devalipi software 2008-2018